a lot of 9 vintage Penguin paperbacks, all in the classic Orange stripes, mostly the later vertical stripe design. Light edgewear to all, any other flaws noted.
(1) - Sylvia Ashton-Warner - Spinster -, film tie in edition Penguin number 1635, published 1961 - the story of a schollteacher in New Zealand
(2) La Grande Mademoiselle - Francis Steegmuller - Penguin number 1406 - published 1959 - a biography of the 17th century French courtesan
(3) Two Women - Alberto Moravia - Penguin Number 1603 - published 1961 - set in Italy during WW2. Previous owners name to iside front cover
(4) Trio - Dorothy Baker - first published 1943, this Pengui edition 1953, penguin number 963. Horizontal bands, foxing and age spotting to the covers.
(5) Mr Petre - Hilaire Belloc, Penguin 633, fade to spine, Sticker on front cover
(6) Evelyn Waugh - The Loved One - 1958 Pb, Penguin number 823. Edgewear to covers
(7) The Thurber carnival - james Thurber - Penguin number 871 _ an abridged edition of te best of thurber's short essays and humorous fiction. Edgewear and a previous bookshop stamp inside front cover.
(8) The Sandcastle - Iris Murdoch - Penguin Number 1474.First published by Penguin 1960. edgewear and bumping to covers.